As a Church of England School, we believe that all children should have the chance to reflect upon their own beliefs and what it means to be a Christian. Through a varied curriculum, children learn about their own religion as well as those of other faiths.
Emphasis is placed on the development of:
- Asking important questions and making links between thoughts and ideas;
- Expressing views and providing thoughtful responses;
- Applying ideas to their own lives and the lives of others;
- Considering the similarities and differences between faiths;
- Using an increasingly wide religious vocabulary to explain concepts;
- Empathising with others and responding sensitively.
We feel it is important to give pupils time to reflect upon what they have learnt and question the world around them. Pupils are encouraged to consider their opinions on a wide range of subjects and express their opinions through discussion.