At LDSM, we aim to engage all pupils in physical activity, which improves both their health and fitness. Pupils are encouraged to take part in team games which inspire team spirit and good sportsmanship.
Emphasis is placed on the development of:
- Leading healthy and active lives;
- Developing the confidence to participate in physical activity;
- Communicating effectively as a team member, during team sports;
- Being physically active for a sustained period of time;
- Engaging in competitive sports and developing a sense of fairness;
- Developing strategies and tactics for a wide range of sports and games.
Children are also given opportunities to compete at a wide range of competitive events, which build character and embed values such as fairness and respect.