Modern Foreign Languages
At LDSM, we feel it is important that every child has the opportunity to learn about other cultures. Learning a foreign language is an ideal opportunity to nurture children’s curiosity and deepen their understanding of the world.
Emphasis is placed on the development of:
- Speaking with increasing confidence, fluency and spontaneity;
- Finding ways of communicating what they want to say through discussion and posing questions;
- Listening and responding to spoken and written language;
- Improving the accuracy of their pronunciation;
- Writing for a variety of purposes and audiences;
- Developing an increasing vocabulary.
Children are given the chance to express their thoughts and ideas in a foreign language. They are encouraged to communicate for practical purposes and learn new ways of thinking.