At LDSM, we aim to captivate the children with a hands-on approach to history that brings the past to life.
Emphasis is placed on:
- Understanding and reflecting on our local and ancient past and how that influences us today;
- Understanding how our knowledge of the past is constructed from a range of sources;
- Engaging with history through drama and re-enactments;
- Recognising that the past is represented and interpreted in different ways;
- Enquiring about the events, people and changes using a range of information;
- Inspiring children to have a curiosity about the past;
- Equipping children with critical thinking and perceptive questioning skills.
We want children knowing that history reflects who we are and where we have come from. We equip the children with the skills to know what is going to happen based on what has happened in the past.