At LDSM, we wish every pupil to be safe, confident users of technology and for them to become digitally literate. We want all pupils to have the skills to safely use technology in and outside of the classroom for purposeful reasons.
Emphasis is placed on the development of:
- Understanding Coding and be able to do basic programming;
- Communicating through use of word processing, graphics and cameras;
- Evaluating the plausibility of information on websites;
- Modelling eg simulation control;
- Monitoring eg using devices to measure physical changes;
- Using the internet for research purposes;
- Knowing the importance of E-safety.
Each classroom is equipped with an interactive whiteboard and we have a class set of computers in the Tech-O-Drome, our Olympic-themed ICT suite.