We aim to encourage the children to contribute with energetic enthusiasm, and to develop a sense of group identity and togetherness.
Emphasis is placed on:
- Inspiring pupils to develop a love of music;
- Appreciating and evaluating of a range of different music from around our world, historical periods and traditions;
- Understanding and exploring how music is created and communicated through pitch, dynamics, tempo and timbre;
- Singing a range of songs/hymns in harmony and unison;
- Reading and understanding musical notation;
- Learning a musical instrument and giving opportunities to perform to an audience, whilst understanding the importance of improvisation.
We want the children to discover that music is an integral part of cultures past and present, and that its powerful and unique form can change the way they feel, think and act.