At LDSM, we aim to give the children a broader view of the world around them, their place within it, their values and their rights and responsibilities to other people and the environment.
Emphasis is placed on:
- Nurturing curiosity and fascination with the world and its people;
- Developing enquiry skills that ask questions, observe accurately and record their finding;
- Encouraging a thirst for knowledge of the Earth’s physical features and how to look after it;
- Understanding of our local geography and its impact on the environment;
- Developing a global awareness and how our lives compare with others – especially with our Twin School in Uganda;
- Improving their geographical skills of using atlases, maps and plans with a range of scales.
Our aim is for the children to leave LDSM with a strong knowledge of the world that sustains them, its natural systems, climate and countries and cultures.