At LDSM, we believe our uniform helps to give the children a pride in their appearance through an identity with the school. It also provides an acceptable form of clothing which is widely available.
Our uniform policy from September 2019 is below; you can also download a copy of the uniform list at the bottom of the page, as well as the current uniform list (pre-introduction of summer uniform).
Branded items comprise the following:
- school tie;
- navy blue sweatshirt or cardigan (with the school logo);
- navy blue polo shirt (optional for summer uniform- with the school logo).
- Yellow polo shirt for PE (also with the school logo)
These items can be purchased from our uniform supplier, PMG Schoolwear at:
PMG Schoolwear, 393-395 Hook Road, Chessington, Surrey, KT9 1EL. New school ties are also available from the school office at £3 each.
PMG sell a few other branded items, including a fleece. These are not part of the school uniform, but can be bought as extras, or, in the case of the fleece, for outerwear at breaktimes if desired.
Winter Uniform – October half-term to Easter
- School tie.
- School sweatshirt or cardigan.
- Grey trousers (tailored, not cargo pocketed), skirt or tunic.
- White shirt (with buttons to the neck for wearing with ties).
- Sensible black shoes (not boots, trainers or ballet style pumps).
- Boys- black or grey socks (not trainer style)
- Girls- white socks (not trainer style) or grey/navy tights
- Hair bands and scrunchies should be in the school colours.
Summer Uniform – Easter to October half-term
As above. Other options are:
- Grey shorts.
- Boys and girls- school navy blue polo shirt, with logo
- Girls- navy/white gingham checked summer dresses.
- Short-sleeved white shirt (with buttons to the neck for wearing with ties).
Winter Uniform of shirt and tie may also be requested for formal occasions, e.g. for Year 6 for leavers’ events
- Yellow school polo shirt.
- Navy shorts for indoor and summer wear.
- Plain navy sweatshirt.
- Plain navy tracksuit trousers.
- PE socks (especially for girls when wearing winter tights)
- Sensible trainers or plimsolls.
- Backpack for books and stationery.
- PE bag.
- Art overall – an old, adult shirt makes an excellent protective layer.